Reopening Tuesday May 26th
We hope this finds you and your family safe and well. On March 19, we made the decision to close our office to protect all of you and our Li & Liao Optometry family and help slow the spread of COVID-19 in our community. It was the right thing to do, and we are proud that we took such a comprehensive step to support public health priorities.
Today, almost two months later, we are preparing to reopen both office locations as restrictions have been relaxed in Bakersfield. In the same way we closed with your safety uppermost in mind, we will reopen with discipline and expertise to ensure you feel confident about resuming your eyecare with us. It is important to note that we are observing the guidance and requirements of public health authorities, including social distancing and other mitigation practices. Our intent is to continue providing the highest level of eyecare for you and your loved ones.
Enhanced Safety Standards
As we reopen, I’d like to remind you of our enhanced safety standards we have implemented.
- CDC Guidelines: We make every effort to meet or exceed all CDC standards for cleaning and minimizing exposure risk. All high touch areas, clinic areas, and optical areas are frequently sanitized before and after each visit. Staff regularly wash and sanitize their hands and use gloves if having direct contact with a patient.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE): The providers and staff all wear masks and use other PPE as needed. We are requiring all patients and wear masks while in our office.
- Social Distancing: We are requiring curbside check in from your vehicle to limit the number of people in the office at one time. From your vehicle, you will be ushered directly back to the exam rooms to eliminate any time in our waiting area. We are asking that only the patient being cared for enter our office to limit unnecessary interaction. And lastly, we have drastically reduced our appointment schedule.
- Patient and Employee Screening: We screen patients and employees for symptoms (inclusive of temperature checks) daily and those with symptoms will be asked to reschedule their appointment and return home.
- Online Intake Check-in: In advance of your appointment, our patients can now complete all of the necessary registration paperwork (Financial policy, HIPAA acknowledgement, consent forms, input insurance cards and coverage) ahead of time and from the comforts of their own home. This will ensure less touches within the office and a more expedited visit with us.
We Are Focused on You and look forward to seeing you in-person soon!
The Li & Liao Optometry family